Tuesday, August 10, 2010

A roadtrip in the Jeep Wrangler

When we decided to take a road trip to Yosemite National Park I assumed we would take my Dodge Journey. When my husband insisted that we take his Jeep Wrangler Unlimited I was very hesitant, as you all know I have a love affair with my Journey. I must admit, I was completely surprised by the functionality and comfort of the Wrangler.

Our two year old son had a great time riding in the Wrangler. He loved when Daddy took the top off and he could feel the breeze on his face. He laughed every time. Another reason I was glad I caved in and let the hubby win the 'what car to take on the road trip' argument is because it was great to see Yosemite with such an open vehicle. We were able to see stunning views of Half Dome and El Capitan while driving that most people don't get to see in a regular vehicle.

I was also impressed with how much luggage and gear we were able to fit into the Wrangler. We were gone for a week, camping part of that time, and we comfortably fit everything in!Just like my son, my favorite feature of the Wrangler is definitely the option of taking the top down. I was amazed at how easy and quick it is to take off and on. The first time my husband said, 'I have pull over and take the top off the Jeep' I rolled my eyes thinking, great, I'm going to have to sit here in the Jeep in this hot weather and wait for him to get this top off. Much to my surprise, it only took him about 45 seconds. Very impressive! My other favorite feature is how comfortable the seats were for a long road trip. I always assumed Jeep Wranglers were not very comfortable since they are an 'off road' vehicle, yet I was pleasantly surprised.

I am so glad we took the Wrangler on this road trip! For all of you hesitant of taking your Jeep on a road trip – I would highly recommend it.

As always, you can reach me at kori@getdodge.com.

1 comment:

  1. Sounds like lots of fun! One day maybe I'll have one of those..but for now my Nitro is my only love. :)

    Lani///

    ReplyDelete