Wednesday, March 27, 2013

My Plunge into a Minivan

My husband has been trying to get me to drive a minivan for years, and for years I have been resistant.  I truly tried to understand why I needed such a big vehicle when I only have two kids.  Recently, my oldest son started t-ball and I realized my time had come.  I found myself squeezing all his baseball gear into the back of my SUV while battling my backseat to fit a third booster seat to be able to carpool with his friend.  My final ah-hah moment came at Target, when I found myself with this dilemma.
I had so much kid gear in my car -- all of which I use on a daily basis and didn't want to remove -- that I could not fit my groceries in.  I immediately called my husband and said...it's time.  My time has come.
I did it.  I took the plunge into becoming a 'minivan mom.'  I had to laugh at my older sister, who became a minivan mom a few years ago, when she said, "Ten years ago, if you would have told me I'd be living in the suburbs driving a minivan I would have laughed at you."  We both commented on how convenient the Chrysler Town and Country is, and that we are happy we took the plunge into the minivan.
 
I have had my Town and Country for just 3 days and I will admit that I love it.  As I was moving all my belongings into the Town and Country, I was appalled at all the space and storage!  I am now left wondering why I was so resistant all those years.
 
I will keep you updated on my minivan adventures and what I think of the car.  Do you love your minivan?  Tell me about your plunge into your minivan.

1 comment:

  1. You know I love the T&C! Once you go minivan... you never go back.

    ReplyDelete